Half Herringbone Cell Phone Wristlet Pouch
It must sound crazy but have you ever fell in love with a design so much that you begin using it everywhere?
Well, I have never fallen for any crochet pattern more than the Herringbone stitch, especially, the Half Herringbone stitch. The day when I learned it, I wanted to make anything and everything, around me, using the Herringbone stitch. In that excitement, I made 2 cell phone pouches with loop and a side wristlet.
The pattern is best suitable for circular items like beanies, pouches, bags etc. When I started using the same stitch for open items like blanket or scarf, the flow of the texture didn’t come out that perfect as I was visualizing in my mind. I need to analyze and associate with different crochet stitch to give a finished look. Not a problem now as I’ll achieve that one day.
I learned the pattern from Moogly Blog – Herringbone Half Double Crochet. The written instruction explains the twist in Half double crochet stitch. The video is also there for more clarity if you aren’t able to catch the twist. Even after looking at the video I was able to get the twist.
As the pouch is created from to bottom to top, sew the 1st row by turning the cover inside out. Change back to right side and start with the edge. I added a crocheted loop on one side of the mobile cover to tie wristlet band. Also, stitched the button and loop on the cover, to close the opening.
Brim with side loop:-
R1: Change the yarn to white and continue R3 for 1 row. Total 35 SC.
R2: Chain 3, SC from 1st stitch from the previous row. Total 35 SC, 3 Chain.
R3: SC around including 3 SC in the chain. Total 38 SC.
Brim without side loop:-
R1: Change to white color, single crochet (SC) around. Total 35 SC.
Continue R1 for 4 rows and sew the end.
Crochet Wristlet: Chain 60-70 based on the wristlet length. Sew the ends in the inside of the pouch.
- Height: 6.5″
- Width: 3″
- Wristlet Size = 9″-10″ with 60-70 chains.
- Button Loop Size = 2.5″-3″ is obtained by chaining 20.
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- The side loop can be used to add any wristlet, strap made of suede leather, crochet, resin etc.
- The buttoned loop can be switched to magnet button, snap-on button, press button, zip or an open pouch.
- Depending on the tool, leave enough height for closure and mobile.
- You can add additional hook or charms or keychains in the side loop along with strap.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Half Herringbone Cell Phone Wristlet Pouch
- Hang inside/outside your purse as a go-to pouch for mobile and cards.
- Add keychain to the wristlet hole to add your keys along with phone and cards.
- Use long sling instead of wristlet to carry as a compact pouch on the go OR simply treat as a cell phone case without any handles.
- Choose the yarn color based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Go creative with the button choice.
- Yarn: Lion Brand – 24/7 Cotton – Ecru, Lion Brand – 24/7 Cotton – Grass, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Overcast, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – White
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 3.5 mm, 4mm
- Sewing Needles
- Thread matching with the base color.
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.