With the advent of spring come the life and the colours. Trees that looked withered in winters are full of life; flowers blossom creating a mystic view. As if someone has painted the world around. Remember the Cherry Blossom tree?
I captured this from a Cherry Blossom Festival. This festival is celebrated every year from March 15- April 20, in various states of the US. It is celebrated as a token of friendship with Japan. Cherry trees, also called “Sakura” in Japanese, were planted in Sakura Park, Manhattan in 1912. It was sowed across the eastern US and San Diego over the years.
In Japan, Hanami (flower viewing) is a traditional custom celebrated every year during this season. It is to remind us about the changing seasons and inspire us to adopt and adapt to the change. After a harsh winter, the leaves, the buds, the flowers blossom to greet the new season.
The pictures and its colours motivated me to bring this look in a mobile wristlet pouch. I used peach –the shade most resembling the cherry blossoms– as the base colour and white edging to give a feel of the white snow melting off the edges of the tree branches.
This pouch is created from the bottom to top, and to do this we start with the 1st row by turning the cover inside out. Once done, we change back to right side and start with the edge. I added a crocheted loop on one side of the mobile cover to tie wristlet band. I also stitched the button and loop on the cover to close the opening.
The pattern is series of Single Crochet stitch(SC) and Double Crochet stitch(DC) alternatively.
R1: Starting with chain 35, join at the initial chain to form the loop. Total 35 chains.
R2: Ch 1, *SC, DC*; repeat *-* throughout the row ending with SC and join at the ch 1. Total 35 stitches, 18 SC, 17 DC.
R3: Ch 1, *DC in previous SC, SC in previous DC*; repeat *-* throughout the row ending with DC and join at ch 1. Total 35 stitches, 18 DC, 17 SC.
Repeat R2 and R3 alternatively till you achieve the desired height.
Brim with side loop:-
R1: Change the yarn to white and continue R3 for 1 row. Total 35 SC.
R2: Chain 3, SC from 1st stitch from the previous row. Total 35 SC, 3 Chain.
R3: SC around including 3 SC in the chain. Total 38 SC.
Brim without side loop:-
R1: Change to white colour, single crochet (SC) around. Total 35 SC.
Continue R1 for 4 rows and sew the end.
Crochet Wristlet: Chain 60-70 based on the wristlet length. Sew the ends in the inside of the pouch.
- Height: 6.5″
- Width: 3″
- Wristlet Size = 9″-10″ with 60-70 chains.
- Button Loop Size = 2.5″-3″ is obtained by chaining 20.
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- The side loop can be used to add any wristlet, strap made of suede leather, crochet, resin etc.
- The buttoned loop can be switched to magnet button, snap-on button, press button, zip or an open pouch.
- Depending on the tool, leave enough height for closure and mobile.
- You can add additional hook or charms or keychains in the side loop along with strap.
Remember: do not overdo it. This takes away the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegant simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Griddle Cell Phone Wristlet Pouch
- Hang inside/outside your purse as a go-to pouch for mobile and cards.
- Add keychain to the wristlet hole to add your keys along with phone and cards.
- Use long sling instead of wristlet to carry as a compact pouch on the go OR simply treat as a cell phone case without any handles.
- Choose the yarn colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Go creative with the button choice.
- Yarn: Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Tangerine, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – White
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4 mm
- Sewing Needle
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.