I always find my inspiration from my surroundings. The good part, while residing in California, is whenever you want to feel refresh just head to the beach. Whenever you feel depressed, take a walk by the beach and when you want to absorb the beauty of the sunset, you know where to go. Sunset by the beach is a colorful so many colors in one big palette. I get the idea of experimenting with these colors from nature. This time while enjoying the sunset by the beach it struck me to try out a combination of earthy tone ombre and blue yarn for the beanie I was planning to make.
The pattern is very simple. It is a continuation of Double Crochet (DC) stitches around the beanie.
Starting from a magic circle and 12 Double Crochet (DC), extend every row (up to row 6) by 12 counts till you get 72DC.
Continue 72 DC to reach the height of the hat to 7″. The circumference is 22″, which is the required hat size for an adult woman.
I created a bigger band with 6 rows of DC in the end with blue color yarn to create 2″ brim.
- Height: 9″
- Circumference: 20″-22″
The sizes can be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more feminine touch.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Earthy Sky Beanie
- Choose the color matching with your winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast color of your jacket. You might suit the color with your cowl or gloves.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Red Heart Blue Earth, Jo-Ann Bernat – Baby Blue
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.