Hand warmers have been these packets (mostly disposable); usually taken only to keep the hands warm during winters. But as their utility increased so did the nomenclature. They got new avatars like an arm warmer, wrist warmer, gloves, mittens, and fingerless gloves.
The issue with gloves is that they cover the palm including the fingers; so you either work or keep hands warm. But voila! a pair of fingerless gloves covers only the palm area, keeping the fingers free to work. Though it found its popularity among the bikers to protect the hand from continuous handle grip; and weight lifters to offer the right grip, it has become a common winter accessory now.
A customer was looking for a pair of fingerless gloves for regular use. I must say, it was my first attempt to make a hand accessory.
I liked the simple pattern given in Adelines Fingerless Mitts. I kept the length of the gloves to cover the palm and wrist only. The pattern is very simple and well explained.
- Length of the hand warmers: 6″
- Circumference: 3″
- You can add pompom, tassels, ribbons etc at wrist edge for the warmer. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- Increase the length of the warmer to make hand and arm warmer.
- You can add a fur edging or work a crab stitch edging on both sides.
- You can work with 2-3 different colour yarns to give an assorted look.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Diamond Cable Fingerless Gloves
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf-Handwarmer trio, Hat-Gloves-Handwarmer trio combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Vadhaman Wool
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you go ahead with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet hook: 5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.