Do you wanna build a snowman?
Come on let’s go and play
I never see you anymore
Come out the door
It’s like you’ve gone away…
Winter time and the famous song from FROZEN. All you need is a hot Cocoa and tuck yourself in a warm blanket.
Christmas is here, and so the time for big holiday plans, decorating the fir-tree, buying gifts, preparing a long list of wishes for Santa and waiting for the gifts!!!
As a pleasant surprise, my client who had liked my Halloween wreath asked me to make a similar one for the Christmas.
There are 2-3 DIY activities included here.
- crochet leaves.
- collect pine cones from the ground.
- clean pine cones.
- assemble all.
I liked the leaf structure designed in MyPicot. Irish Crochet is very intricate and attractive. I used 2 different shades of leaves to give natural look.
Collect Pine Cones from the ground:-
Since Pine trees surround my area, it was in abundance. I collected a few similar sized pines. It was a good hunt walking around the area in search of pinecones!
Clean Pine Cones:-
I cleaned them by using this method. And bought the wire wreath, two green shades of yarn representing different colours of leaves, pliers and green paddle wire from Jo-Ann. And the ‘Christmas Wreath’ was ready!
- Bought the wire wreath, pliers and green paddle wire from Jo-Ann.
- Two green shades of yarn representing different colours of leaves.
And the ‘Christmas Wreath’ was ready!
- Wire Wreath Frame size: 12″
- Christmas leaves length: 5″-6″
- You can include some brown leaves too.
- You can make a snow leaves wreath.
- Pine cones can be added too.
- Check out the store for more decoration ornaments.
- You can use paddle wire to fix your leaves to the wreath frame or sew them from behind.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
- You can buy a door hook and hang your wreath or make a hanging loop and nail it on the door or the wall.
- The Wreath can be made with different shades of green, brown etc. to give a different view of the season.
- Extra leaves can be used to decorate bags, beanies, hats, warmers etc.
- You can stitch a ribbon/yarn chain, ending with pompom/tassels, and use it as a bookmark.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Red Heart – Shaded Greens, Jo-Ann big Twist – Premium Kale
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet hook: 5.5mm
- Paddle Wire: Jo-Ann Green Paddle Wire
- Wreath: Jo-Ann Wire Wreath Frame
- Wire Cutter Plier: Jo-Ann Craft & Jewelry Plier
- Pine Cones: Nature
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.