Summer is here. The best time to visit so many places from beaches to flower fields to Canyons! A wonderful reason to get your summer clothes out and flaunt them. Especially, a sun-hat, one of the best fashion accessory for the season and a protective gear from the sun. They come in different styles and shapes, with specific purposes.
Though I’m not such a huge fan of hats using the hat as a protective gear was indeed a beautiful excuse to get a sun hat. And that’s how I decided on this White Catchy Sun Hat. White, was my first choice of colour for obvious reasons. It goes with every dress and it looks elegant. Also, it reflects most of the heat which saves us from getting exhausted in the sun.
I liked the pattern in Drop Design – Cape Cod and followed the process. I added more rounds to increase the brim area. It is a helpful blog with simple and easy instructions to follow. The yarn is different than mentioned in the blog thus I used the recommended hook as per the yarn.
- Height of the hat: 9″
- Circumference: 23″
- Brim: 4″
The sizes could be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
- You can put fur-edging or tassels to give a different touch.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Catchy Summer Hat
- Select the yarn colour matching with your summer wear.
- Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Shrug combo of the same pattern or different pattern but the same colour mix.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the yarn colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Red Heart Soft Yarn – White
- Crochet Hook: 5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.