When standing at the pier, with the cool breeze around you, you ask for nothing but a hot cup of Joe!
Every time I visit Starbucks or any local cafe to get a hot beverage to go, they give paper coffee cup sleeves to insulate the drinker’s hands from hot coffee. But after learning crochet, I wanted to make something reusable to avoid paper. This ‘Save Paper’ agenda helped me work towards something that is both; interesting and creative. I started checking out various styles of cup cosies or various stitching styles that can be used for cup cosies.
While browsing the internet for interesting cup cosy patterns, I stumbled upon Yarnspirations- Breast Cancer Awareness Cup Cozy pattern. I started looking for scraps of yarn into my Stash Basket to create this pattern, and yes there it was bits of white, brown and pink yarn. I had a wonderful idea, now serving more purposes; a beautiful cup cosy, an interesting & creative one to carry around, and something to create awareness of breast cancer!
I felt so happy that I created two. There you go, Ladies! 2 cup sleeves with Breast Cancer Awareness Moto on it.
- Circumference of the upper circle: 10″
- Circumference of the lower base: 9.5″
- The sizes can be changed based on your requirement.
- You can give a defined edging.
- The edging can be made of Single Crochet (SC), Crab Stitch, Slip Stitch, Herringbone Half Double Crochet (HHDC).
- Instead of regular yarn, fur yarn will bring out a pop to the border.
- Instead of going for a different colour for the border, use both the base colours around for alternate rows.
- The border shouldn’t be too broad to pop out. The purpose should be to provide a clean edge.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Breast Cancer Awareness Cup-Cozy
- You can use them for cold beverages too.
- You can create a flat rectangle shape and join them with buttons or loops. This can be used for coffee mugs.
- You can use reduce the size and use them for cold beer bottles.
- Yarn: Stash Basket
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.