Over the last couple months, I worked on quite a few ribbed beanies like Reversible Ribbed Beanie, Pista Twisted Hat, 2 Layer Twisted Hat, Ribbed Moss Hat etc. It was the perfect time for me to try something of my own.
With all the knowledge of ribbed pattern, I started designing a hat on my own. Slouch hats are very cool even if you are planning to wear it for any professional work. Thus, I considered including the Slouch effect in my pattern, to make it casual as well as professional winter accessory.
I call my design as Blue Ribbed Beanie or Blue Ribbed Slouchy Hat, a combination of Blue Ribbed Slouchy Beanie/Hat.
The pattern is simple. For this pattern, you need to be familiar with Front post double crochet (FPDC) and Back post double crochet (BPDC) stitches.This hat could be made in few hours. The hat can be divided into 2 parts- Ribbed based, and Ribbed body.
R1: chain 10
R2: Single Crochet (SC) from the 2nd chain. total 9 sc.
R3: SC in back loops only (SCBLO)
Continue R3 till the size is fit for defined for an adult woman. Join the band using Slip stitch (SS). Do not cut the yarn.
Note: The ribbed count should be multiples of 10.
R1: With the same yarn Chain2 and continue making Double Crochet on each of the SC.
R2: Ch 2. *5 FPDC on next 5 DC. 5 BPDC* on next 5 DC. Continue to the end of the row and join at 1st FPDC.
R3: Ch 2. *5 FPDC on next 5 FPDC. 5BPDC on next 5 BPDC. Continue to the end of the row. Join at 1st FPDC.
R4- R20: Repeat R3.
R21: Ch 2. *1 FPDC on each FPDC. 1 BPDC on next 4 BPDC. Skip next BPDC. * Continue to the end of the row. Join at 1st FPDC.
R22: Ch 2: Ch 2. *1 FPDC on each FPDC. 1 BPDC on next 3 BPDC. Skip next BPDC. * Continue to the end of the row. Join at 1st FPDC.
R23: Ch 2. *1 FPDC on each FPDC. 1 BPDC on next 2 BPDC. Skip next BPDC. * Continue to the end of the row. Join at 1st FPDC.
R24: Ch 2. *1 FPDC on each FPDC. 1 BPDC on next 1 BPDC. Skip next BPDC. * Continue to the end of the row. Join at 1st FPDC.
R25: Ch 2. *FPDC on next 4 FPDC, Skip next FPDC. 1BPDC on 1 BPDC.* Continue to the end of the row. Join at 1st FPDC.
R26: Ch 2. *FPDC on next 3 FPDC, Skip next FPDC. 1 BPDC on 1 BPDC.* Continue to the end of the row. Join at 1st FPDC.
R27: Ch 2. *FPDC on next 2 FPDC, Skip next FPDC. 1 BPDC on 1 BPDC.* Continue to the end of the row. Join at 1st FPDC.
R28: Ch 2. *FPDC on next 1 FPDC, Skip next FPDC. 1 BPDC on 1 BPDC.* Continue to the end of the row. Join at 1st FPDC.
R29: Join and sew the top of the hat to close the gap.
- Height of the hat: 9.5″
- Circumference: 23″
The sizes could be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
- You can put fur edging or tassels to give a different touch.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Blue Ribbed Slouchy Beanie
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear.
- Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern or different pattern but the same color mix.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Bernat Baby – Baby Blue
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.