Blue BackPost Slouch Beanie
In the previous blog posts, I have been talking about gender-based fashion – feminine, masculine and unisex. But fashion is not only about “Shrink and Pink”, “Cool Blue Men”, “Confused Identity Unisex“, it is so much more. Fashion is change. As change is the only inevitable constant, same is with the fashion. It survives, breaths and brings joy when it challenges thoughts, outbreaks the defined set patterns and innovates new style.
So what is Fashion for you?
“To some, fashion is an art form. To others, it is almost like a religion. For most people, though, fashion is a method of utilising clothing, accessories, and grooming to show or hide something about yourself. Fashion can be an extension of your personality, allowing you to introduce parts of your personality to the world without saying a word. Conversely, the way you dress can also conceal parts of your personality or allow you to play a role: Clothing can be a costume, a uniform or a proclamation of independence. In 2016, fashion is whatever you want it to be. ” ( as described in about style).
Following the mantra of defining oneself through fashion, I selected a pattern, which will give a casual yet bold look to the customer who is both mellow and bold in nature.
The process is series of Double Crochet Stitch (DC) and Back Post Double Crochet stitch (BPDC). The beanie can be divided into 2 parts -> base and body.
Start with a magic circle, ch2 and make 12 DC. Continue increasing by 12 for 6-7 rows and join at ch 2 of every row. To give a more slouchy look I made 84 DC in the last row of the base.
Remember: it should depend on the yarn thickness and recommended crochet hook.
1: ch 2, BPDC on 84DC each, join in the 1st BPDC.
2: ch 2, DC on each 84 BPDC. join in the 1st DC.
repeat 1 and 2 till you get the desired length. You can end the brim/edge with one row of Single Crochet or Slip stitch.
Measurement: circumference = 22″ , height = 10″.
- FPDC and BPDC required a bigger crochet hook or loose stitching technique to get a flowy basketweave pattern.
- Depending on the texture of the yarn, you can either choose a larger crochet hook other than recommended one or you can loosely stitch FPDC and BPDC.
- For edging the last row, you can change the crochet hook to a smaller size to give a tighter set.
- Height of the hat: 10″
- Circumference: 22″
The sizes could be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
- You can put fur edging or tassels to give a different touch.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Blue BackPost Slouch Beanie
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Big Twist – Dark Denim
- Crochet Hook: 6mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.