Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus and both landed on the planet Earth to create a new whole world!
Fashion was completely different for both men and women; and both the styles fused together to form a 3rd gender in fashion, Uni-sex. This stood for commonality in the apparel like trousers, shirts, tees, beanies, caps, scarves, blazer, tuxedo. Some link this fusion of styles with equality and same status for both.
For all these years, though feminine couture has held the fashion empire high, the masculine trends are slowly catching up.
I created a Black Slouch Beanie for the female customer where I decided to use men’s slouch beanie as my base design idea.
The process is simple. It is series of Double Crochet Stitch (DC) and few Front Post Double Crochet Stitch (FPDC), and Back Post Double Crochet Stitch (BPDC). The beanie contains 2 parts:
- Basic Beanie
- Additional Brim/Edge
Starting with a magic circle, make a basic beanie of DC stitches. The beanie height measures 9″.
For creating an edge, I have used FPDC and BPDC respectively and continued following the stitches for 2-3 rows until the edge measures 1″.
Total Slouch Beanie measures 10″.
Note: You can play around and alter the sizes as per your preference. the brim size can easily be extended to 2″ or increase/decrease basic beanie to get you desired slouchy effect.
- Height of the hat: 910″
- Circumference: 21″-22″
The sizes could be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
- You can put fur edging or tassels to give a different touch.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Black Slouch Beanie
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Vardhman Wool (India) – Black
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.