After making Basketweave Black Beanie, I started making a scarf for my client. This was my first attempt to make a pair or combination of Hat-Scarf. There are certain defined dimensions of the scarf for male than for female. In order to make a winter scarf for male, which they can carry out on perfectly with professional attire, you have to make sure that the scarf size is not too small or too big. It should look classy, subtle and yet adorable.
For an average sized man (i.e.5.7- 5.10), the scarf size is 60″-70″ in length and 6″-7″ in width. My scarf measures 66″ x 7″.
I was following the Crochet Geek for basket-weave beanie and decided to continue with the same of her instructions regarding the Basketweave Black Scarf too. The guide required creating a bigger weave pattern with starting stitch of every row following a sequence of FPDC-BPDC-FPDC- FPDC, and BPDC-FPDC-BPDC-BPDC. Since I was looking for a smaller pattern, I decided to follow Meladoras Creations – Basketweave Scarf, in which every row started with FPDC and ended with FPDC.
I had made 40 chains from four-ply yarn and used 5.5 mm crochet hook to get 7″ of width. I continued with this process till the scarf length was 66″. This scarf consumed six yarn balls, each weighing 50 gms.
Dimensions of the scarf:-
- Length: 66″
- Width: 7″.
- If you are thinking it as a female scarf then-
- Add a line of tassels to the ends of both sides along the width. 4 Tassels at the corners will also work. You can reduce the size of the scarf as tassels will add another 10″.
- Attach pom-poms to each of the corners.
- The tassels or pompoms color should be of the base color or any contrast color. Shades of white, golden, silver, brown, creme, mustard will add the beauty.
- Pom-poms and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- The long length edging, you can have a Crab Stitch, Single Crochet, Slip Stitch.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Black Basketweave Scarf
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Scarf-Gloves combo, Hat-Scarf-Gloves trio.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Vardhamaan wool – Black 4 ply yarn
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.