We often think or talk about a lot of complimentary things or act together, in pairs, like table and chair, lock and key, copy and paste, open and close, day and night and more. Likewise, what comes to your mind when you think of blanket? For me, it is a pillow. They are always considered as a set that completes each other’s purpose.
A pillow is nothing but a support for the head. But it got some other trendy names, as its utility changed such as sham, cushion, sofa pillow or couch pillow. All these are just another forms that add beauty to the house or the living.
When a customer contacted with a similar request, a creative and decorative pillow cover, I picked this Redheart – Basketweave Diamond Throw and Pillow as the one. I chose a dark ombre colour yarn to bring subtle contrast to the bright red chaise.
- The pattern on the blog also mentioned about a cable, but I kept it away.
- I repeated the centre basket weave diamond pattern twice to extend the length of the pillow cover as I had to make 20″x 20″ pillow cover.
- 1 row of Single Crochet (SC) on all the sides. The corners had 3 SC.
- Stitched on 3 sides only. I kept one side opened for washing purpose.
- This opened side can be closed with the knots. 8 ties of Chain 7 stitched at a gap of 2 inches.
- Repeat the same pattern for both sides of the pillow cover.
Dimensions of the Pillow Cover:-
- The size of the Pillow cover is 20″ x 20″.
- The sizes can be changed based on your requirement.
- You can insert a zip on one side of the cover for washing purpose.
- You can add tie knots sections on one side of the cover.
- You can sew the edges from all sides.
- Just leave open one side of the cover.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Basketweave Patched Pillows
- Choose the colour matching with your interiors walls.
- Go crazy with experimental contrast colours with your furniture to pop out a section. Make sure the interiors are mostly containing natural, neutral or earthy colours around.
- To showcase the pattern, you should always select a base colour and a contrast colour.
- For the stitches or pattern to be visible clearly, choose lighter shades of yarn.
- Yarn: Michaels – Loops n Thread – Earth
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 6.5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.