Last year (2015), Star Wars: The Force Awakens launched a new droid character – BB8, Astromech Droid. As we all know, it carried an important piece of the map to locate the Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.
Everyone love this new character. The 8 shape with round body and half dome head, made everyone want it, pet it and fall in love with it. “The perfect hybrid of R2-D2 and Wall-E”, was mentioned by Emily Asher-Perrin from Tor.com.
Even before the release of the movie, the character had its charm working for the movie fans. It indeed was a good time for the distributors; who certainly would have made a lot of money from its merchandisers. They left no stone unturned to build up the excitement through various posters and advertisements.
No doubt, this movie crossed all the records, becoming the highest-grossing movie of 2015 and the highest grossing movie released by Walt Disney Studios. It was also the most viewed movie trailer on YouTube in 24 hours and the 2nd teaser even got mentioned in Guinness World Records, according to the movie data.
BB8 had its charm on me and it became my choice for the baby in my house for Halloween with Star Wars theme being followed.
Like Star Wars R2D2 character beanies that I used to create Toddler Star Wars-R2D2 beanie, HanDIY Tutorials channel at Youtube has also made Star Wars BB-8 character beanie for her daughters. The pattern is very well illustrated. A big THANK YOU to the creator for completing the Star Wars family.
- Height: 8″
- Circumference: 16″-18″
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. Link to make the pompom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more feminine touch.
But I do not think we need to go for any other additionals anymore. The BB8 head beanie is full of appliques to carry it as it is.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Baby Star Wars BB8 Beanie
- Go for complete Star Wars BB8 look. BB8 Beanie with a white and orange outfit.
- White sweater or black sweater with a BB8 beanie.
- Use as great Star Wars BB8 costume for Halloween. Make other characters to complete the Star Wars family.
- Yarn: Vardhaman – White, Vardhaman – Black, Jo-Ann Big Twist – Pumpkin, Jo-Ann Big Twist – Medium Gray
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.