When you watch and read about Star Wars, there are certain iconic characters (e.g. Vader, Yoda, R2D2, Storm Tropper, BB8 etc.) that convince of importance and stay in your mind.
In Return of the Jedi, Leia’s feminism has been showcased more often. When she was captured by Jabba, the Hut tribe, she was forced to wear a metallic gold bikini. She became a fantasy of every male who loves star wars. They wanted to their a girlfriends or wives to wear that outfit.
After the movie release, Leia becomes the fantasy of every male who loves star wars. They wanted their girlfriends or wives to wear that outfit.
She was my first choice, not as a fantasy, but as an inspiration when I thought of making Star Wars themed Halloween costumes.
The Leia Hat is divided into two parts like body and buns.
R1: Starting with a magic circle, make 12 DC.
R2- R4: increase evenly by 12 in every row till the last round is 48 DC or 7″ diameter.
R5-R9: continue DC at every DC for 5 rows managing 48 DC. The hat should not cross the ear as it is forming the hair shape.
1: Join 2 strands, chain 60. You can continue one row of SC depending on the thickness of the strands.
2: Use Mod-Podge, or glue to while forming a bun. You can sew them from one end to other with brown color thread to avoid any falling apart.
3: Make 2 of these.
- Height: 6″
- Circumference: 16″-18″
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. Link to make the pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more feminine touch.
But I do not think we need to go for any other additionals anymore. The Leia Hat style is an accessory in itself.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Adult Star Wars Leia Hat
- Go for complete Star Wars BB8 look. BB8 Beanie with a white and orange outfit.
- White sweater or black sweater with a BB8 beanie.
- Use as great Star Wars BB8 costume for Halloween. Make other characters to complete the Star Wars family.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Patons Classic – Mocha
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 9mm
- Measuring Tape
- Glue: Jo-Ann Mod Podge Glue
- Sewing Thread: brown color (matching with the yarn)
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.