When in doubt, hide it out!
No matter how much space you make, how much you try shifting or settling things, you always find those particular small or medium-sized stuff that doesn’t find a place on the shelves and in the closet. The only answer to such problem is a basket that would not only hide the so-called clutter but also add space to your closet. I could have bought IKEA Cloth Organizers & Boxes to set up the room, but I wanted something different.
I found this lovely crochet flower-pot in the Crochet World magazine and decided to make one for myself. Using the same concept, I played around with the width and size of the flower-pot to churn out a big size basket. We can make Sock basket, side table basket/organizer, accessories organizer etc by just widening/shrinking the base, increasing /decreasing the diameter, and adding/reducing the height of your basket.
How to make your Stash Bag:-
R1: Magic Circle, ch 1, 6 single crochet (SC).
R2: ch 1, 2 sc in each sc – 12 sc
R3: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in next 2 sc. – 18 sc
R4: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in next 3 sc. – 24 sc
R5: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in next 4 sc. – 30 sc
R6: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in next 5 sc. – 36 sc
R7: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in next 6 sc. – 42 sc
R8: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in next 7 sc. – 48 sc
R9: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in next 8 sc. – 54 sc
R10: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in next 2 sc. – 60 sc
Keep extending the base of the basket as per your need. Once you have achieved the desired base diameter, get work on Backloop.
R11: turn the work, ch 1, work on each SC in Back Loop only. Total 198 sc
R12: ch 1, sc in each sc. Total 198 sc
Repeat R12 as per your desired height of the basket.
If you want handles, make an approximation of the height where you want to insert handles.
Getting the Handles:-
Count the total stitches. In this case, it is 198 sc. I have made a handle of 12 ch each.
Handle size varies from 10 ch to 15 ch.
R1: ch 1, continue sc on each 44 sc, ch 10, skip 12 sc , ch 12, 1 sc on next 87 sc, skip 12 sc, ch 12, 1 sc on next 43 sc. join in the beginning.
R2: ch 1, continue sc on each 44sc, 12 sc on ch 12 , 1 sc on next 87 sc, 12 sc on ch 12, 1 sc on next 43 sc. join in the beginning.
R3: ch 1, sc in each sc. join in the beginning. Total 198 sc.
Tip: To give a tighter stable balance, use one size less than recommended crochet hook.
Dimensions of the Basket:-
- Diameter of the Basket: 12″
- The sizes can be changed based on your requirement. Choose the height and diameter of the baskets based on your shelf size or cupboard dimensions.
- You can add pom-pom, tassels, charms, miniature idols, mini toys, amulets etc matching the color with the edging or the base color. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- You can attach flowers, beads, appliques or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather, fabric etc to make it more interesting.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
A New addition in the Family of Baskets!
- Choose the color matching with your drawers of storage shelves. You can also prefer contrast color to pop up a section.
- If in doubt, go for earthy colors or natural colors.
- You can make sock-baskets or utilize them to keep your wraps, innerwear etc.
- You can use them to stash away the toys, wool, any clutter.
- Neatly put away your throws and lap afghans. Decorate the section of your room.
- Use them in the bathrooms for storage purposes, to stack your rolls or linen. You can keep your extra cleaning products neatly hidden inside these baskets.
- Yarn: Stash Bag, Jo-Ann Caron One Pound – Cream
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet hook: 5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.