Contemporary Triangles Cell Phone Wristlet Pouch
I stumbled upon the article Triangles in Design written by @larissameek. I agree with her completely. As per design, incorporating triangles in your art in the smart choice. The shape not only creates an attraction like the Pyramid of Giza or the Louvre Pyramid; they evoke modernism. “No matter how you look at a triangle, it points to something”, says Larissa. The edges focus your attention towards your art that makes it look contemporary.
I was looking forward to including triangles in my creations too. I achieved that while creating a crochet cell phone wristlet pouch.
I added a crocheted loop of 70 chains on one side of the mobile cover to form a wristlet band. To close the opening, I stitched the press button inside the pouch. I didn’t go for the regular buttoned loop as it would have destroyed the aesthetic.
upside down triangle is made in the last 8 rows.
Last Row 8: Start with 1 single crochet(SC) of the opponent colour(OC) and continue with the base colour(BC).
Last Row 7: 2 SC of OC and continue with BC.
Last Row 6: 3 SC of OC and continue with BC.
Last Row 5: 4 SC of OC, 4SC of BC, 1 SC of OC, and continue with BC.
Last Row 4: 5 SC of OC, 3SC of BC, 2 SC of OC, and continue with BC.
Last Row 3: 6 SC of OC, 2SC of BC, 3 SC of OC, and continue with BC.
Last Row 2: 7 SC of OC, 1SC of BC, 4 SC of OC, and continue with BC.
Last Row 1: 13SC of OC, and continue with BC.
Brim with side loop:-
R1: modify Last Row 2: 7 SC of OC, 1SC of BC, 4 SC of OC; continue with BC for- next 7 SC, ch 3, SC till the beginning of the row.
R2: modify Last Row 1: 13SC of OC; continue with BC for- next 7 SC, 3 SC on ch 3, SC till the beginning of the row.
Brim without side loop:-
R1: Change to BC, single crochet (SC) around. Total 35 SC.
Continue R1 for 4 rows and sew the end.
Crochet Wristlet: Chain 60-70 based on the wristlet length. Sew the ends in the inside of the pouch.
- The selection of the yarn is important. The thickness and elasticity of the yarn and the chosen crochet hook determines the design.
- Also, your technique impacts the smoothness or finished look. Everyone has different techniques ranging from tight stitching style to medium to loose stitching styles.
- In case, you are unable to get the required chosen coloured yarn of same thickness, you can change the crochet hook and your technique as you go around, to get the seamless look. For me, I chose crochet hook smaller than recommended one to give a tighter and closer stitch.
- Height: 6.5″
- Width: 3″
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- The side loop can be used to add any wristlet, strap made of suede leather, crochet, resin etc.
- The buttoned loop can be switched to magnet button, snap-on button, press button, zip or an open pouch.
- Depending on the tool, leave enough height for closure and mobile.
- You can add additional hook or charms or keychains in the side loop along with strap.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Contemporary Triangles Cell Phone Wristlet Pouch
- Hang inside/outside your purse as a go-to pouch for mobile and cards.
- Add a keychain to the wristlet hole to add your keys along with phone and cards.
- Instead of wristlet use alongside sling to carry a compact purse on the go, OR simply treat as a cell phone case without any handles.
- Choose the yarn colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Go creative with the button choice.
- Yarn: Lion Brand – 24/7 Cotton – Ecru, Lion Brand – 24/7 Cotton – Lilac
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook; OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4mm
- Measuring Tape
- Press button
- Sewing Thread matching the BC.
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags.
Quality Promise: Wash with care to outstay for longer use. The neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case, you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form; please check out the following options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.