If you are looking for a complete collection of Harry Potter Series, you can go to a bookstore or just visit any book over; a fiction lover or a fantasy lover that you know and you will find it all in their library or collections.
When an ardent Harry Potter fan asked me to make a creative bookmark to adorn the collection, I decided to surprise them with Hogwarts House scarves as Bookmarks!
If you are familiar with Harry Potter Series, there are 4 houses in the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry – Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin.
Gryffindor has a lion as the symbol and it stands for bravery, daring, nerve, and chivalry. The house colours are deep red and gold.
Hufflepuff has a badger as the symbol depicting loyalty, hard working, dedication, honesty, and tolerance. The house colours are yellow and black.
Ravenclaw has an eagle in its logo and it values wit, creativity, and wisdom. The house colours are blue and bronze.
Slytherin has a serpent as the symbol that represents ambition, cleverness, cunning, resourcefulness, and pure blood heritage. The house colours are green and silver.
Info Credit: Harry Potter Wiki
5 Little Monsters – Hogwarts Scarf bookmarks helped me to complete Hogwarts House Scarf Bookmark. They are made using 2 patterns as mentioned by Erica in 5 Little Monsters – A thick striped version and a thin striped version.
For Gryffindor, I used yellow and red colours and thick striped version. Unfortunately, the gold cotton yarn wasn’t available at that time.
For Hufflepuff, I used yellow and black colours and thick striped version.
For Ravenclaw, I used blue and bronze colours and thin striped version. The metallic bronze yarn thickness is different, thus I used 2 rows for 1 as per the instructions.
For Slytherin, I used green and grey colours and thin striped version. The silver yarn wasn’t available for me.
- Length: 8″
- Width: 1.5″
- The sizes can be changed based on your requirement.
- You can give a defined edging.
- The edging can be made of Single Crochet (SC), Crab Stitch, Slip Stitch, Herringbone Half Double Crochet (HHDC).
- You can add tassels like the Harry Potter 1. Follow the link to make mini tassels.
- Instead of regular yarn, fur yarn will bring out a pop to the border.
- Instead of going for a different colour for the border, use both the base colours around for alternate rows.
- The border shouldn’t be too broad to pop out. The purpose should be to provide a clean edge.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Harry Potter-Hogwarts House Scarf Bookmark
- Nothing to style!!! Time to read more and more.
- Style your brain with all information, someone’s perspective, vision, knowledge and cherish that.
- Love Reading!!!
- Yarn: Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Yellow, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Red, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Dazzle Blue, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Black, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Overcast, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Dark Pine, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Metallic Bronze
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.