Talking about art, everyone is familiar with the name Picasso. Even though I do not have in-depth knowledge of his work, I know that he has created several masterpieces. La Vie (1903), The Old Guitarist (1903), Portrait of Gertrude Stein (1905), Les Demoiselles d’Avignon (1907), Guernica (1937) are few of his best works depicting a period of time of his life.
These periods are categorized as
- The Blue Period (1901–1904),
- The Rose Period (1904–1906),
- African Influenced (1907–1909),
- Cubism (1909–1912),
- Classicism, Surrealism, and Sculpture (1910-1920)
where he focused on one theme.
One of his painting that grabbed my attention was DEUX PERSONNAGES (LA LECTURE), 1934 which means “Two Characters”. The portrayal of two women reading was one of the most recognizable works of art in the 20th century. Marie-Thérèse Walter, his beloved mistress, was the inspiration behind most of his creations during the early 1930s; a ‘Marie-Thérèse period’.
Inspired by the name Two Characters, I named this black scarf as a Two Faced Black Scarf. It has two correct sides meaning you can wear it from both the sides as a scarf or as a cowl. There is no right or the wrong side of this scarf. It is a unisex scarf that would go along with any winter jacket!
The scarf is worked horizontally.
Chain (CH) multiples of 2.
Note: I created 320 chains +1. single crochet one row.
R1: 2 single crochet (SC) in the 2nd CH from the hook, *skip next CH, 2 SC in next CH; rep from * across, turn.
R2: CH 2, skip first SC, 2 SC in next SC, * skip next SC, 2 SC in next SC; rep from * across turn.
Rep R2 for the pattern.
Finishing: single crochet one row.
Measurement: 82″ X 6.75″.
- Since the pattern is very simple, there aren’t many precautions we need to worry about except the initial chain count based on the yarn thickness.
- The initial count stitch will alter based on the yarn selected and the size of the scarf you are looking for. For e.g. I made 320 chains to get 82″ length.
- Length: 82″
- Width: 6.75″.
- If you are treating it as a female scarf then-
- Add a line of tassels to the ends of both sides along the width. 4 Tassels at the corners will also work. You can reduce the size of the scarf as tassels will add another 10″.
- Attach pom-poms to each of the corners.
- The tassels or pompoms colour should be of the base colour or any contrast colour. Shades of white, golden, silver, brown, creme, mustard will add the beauty.
- Pom-poms and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- The long length edging, you can have a Crab Stitch, Single Crochet, Slip Stitch.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Two Faced Black Scarf
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Scarf-Gloves combo, Hat-Scarf-Gloves trio.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Vardhamaan Yarn (India) – Black
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.