“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.”
— Albert Camus
While crocheting the Maple Leaf Bookmark, I got the idea of making a maple wreath for my home. It is Halloween time again and the residents in my locality have already started the celebration and decorated their houses with a wreath. Even my neighbor has placed a big cream puffed wreath on her door while my door was empty.
Even my neighbor has placed a big cream puffed wreath on her door while my door was empty. I do have a Halloween wreath that I prepared last year, but I was thinking of something more than just decorating the entrance for that one particular month.
Here in North America, I find all the seasons very attractive, especially the Fall; when the trees shed leaves and everything is covered with hues of orange, red, yellow, rust, and green that brighten the environment. And I believe, only North America welcomes this season with so much pleasure.
I am always inclined to Irish Crochet pattern. They are intricate, detailed, attractive and very stylish to look. I was looking for Maple Leaf Pattern to make one for the coming Autumn season. A Maple wreath. I liked that Redheart captured that same look in their Maple Leaf Banner. I chose a multicolored yarn for giving that Autumn look.
- Using the Irish Maple leaf pattern, I made 7 red maple leaves, 3 yellow maple leaves, and 15-16 ombre autumn maple leaves.
- Bought the wire wreath frame, berries from the store.
- Rearranged all the leaves around the frame and started sewing to stick.
- You can use green paddle wire to tie them on the wreath.
- Hanging Loop: Chain 11 around the frame at the top. Join at the beginning. Single Crochet in each chain stitch to give stability.
- You might sew the bottom with the wire to secure the placement of the hanging loop.
- Wire Wreath Frame size: 12″
- Maple leaves length: 5″-6″
- You can include some green leaves too.
- Pine cones can be added too.
- Check out the store for more decoration ornaments.
- You can use paddle wire to fix your leaves to the wreath frame or sew them from behind.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
- You can buy a door hook and hang your wreath or make a hanging loop and nail it on the door or the wall.
- The Wreath can be made with different shades of green, red, brown, orange etc to give a different view of the season.
- Extra leaves can be used to decorate bags, beanies, hats, warmers etc.
- You can stitch a ribbon/yarn chain, ending with pompom/tassels, and use it as a bookmark.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Lily Sugar N Cream – Autumn Leaves, Jo-Ann Lily Sugar N Cream Solids – Red, Jo-Ann Lily Sugar N Cream Solid – Sunshine
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet hook: 5.5mm
- Paddle Wire: Jo-Ann Green Paddle Wire
- Wreath: Jo-Ann Wire Wreath Frame
- Wire Cutter Plier: Jo-Ann Craft & Jewelry Plier
- Measuring Tape
- Embellishments – Red Cherries
- Stitch Markers – My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.