The best part in the fashion world is the creation of embellishments that define an attire. For babies, there is pom-pom, fur, embroidery, appliques, laces, which are added to create additional attractions. Babies are cute and the presence of pom-pom and fur makes them cuter. However, you use and style the clothing item, it is always a plus point to add a pom-pom or fur in your product for maximum sales.
Whenever I get an order for a toddler or a child, I always plan to add these embellishments to fit in the cuteness quotient. Because, adorable, lovely and sweet looks top over attractiveness and this colourful Crochet toddler furloop beanie will just do the job.
The beanie is very simple to create. Stitches required are Double Crochet Stitch (DC) and Single Crochet Stitch (SC).
Starting with a magic circle, Ch 2, make 12 DC, join to the 1st DC. Increase evenly by 12 on every row until the diameter of the hat measures 6″. Continue the same count till the total height of the beanie reaches 6-6.5″.
Join white yarn and create one more round of DC. Create another 2 rounds of SC using previous minted blue colour and white colour in sequence.
Join Brown fur yarn and work on 2 rows of SC.
- The selection of the yarns is important. The thickness and elasticity of the yarn and the chosen crochet hook determines the design.
- Also, your technique impacts the smoothness or finished look. Everyone has different techniques ranging from tight stitching style to medium to loose stitching styles.
- In case, you are unable to get the required chosen coloured yarn of same thickness, you can change the crochet hook and your technique as you go around, to get the seamless look. For me, I chose one crochet hook and changed my technique for different yarns.
- It will be easy if the basics of the hat’s height are defined. For e.g. if the total height of the hat is 9″ and white stripe is about .5″ thick then the placement of the white stripe should be after 7.5″-8″ approx, leaving 0.25″-0.5″ for the chocolate fur edging.
- Since the number of rows alters due to different yarn sizes and crochet hooks, it is best to total up the number of rows required to make 1″. Based on this calculation, the position of the white band can be set.
- The positioning of the stripes and edging size along with the knowledge of the gauge will reduce the rework.
- Height: 9″
- Circumference: 16″-18″
The sizes can be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- I made the pom-pom loop bigger than the regular one to give a different unique fuzzy look. I made it by hand. I didn’t trim the top of pom-pom too short.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Toddler’s Furloop Beanie
- Choose the colour matching with the winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast colour of the jacket of choice. You might suit the colour with cowls or gloves.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Caron Simply Soft – Mint Blue, Jo-Ann Bernat Pipsqueak – Brown, Jo-Ann Red Heart – White
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet hook: 6mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.